Religious Education enables children to investigate and reflect on some of the most fundamental questions asked by people. At St Peter’s Church of England Primary School, we aim to develop the children’s knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other world religions. Our curriculum plans can be found further down this page.Children reflect on what it means to have a faith and to develop their own spiritual knowledge and understanding. We help the children learn from religions as well as about religions.
- To promote the spiritual and moral growth of the pupils to enable them to develop an awareness of themselves, as well as a consideration of others, and appreciation for the natural world and a sense of community through shared beliefs and values.
- To help pupils to acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other principal religions in the United Kingdom.
- To enable pupils to be able to reflect on their own experiences and to develop a personal response to the fundamental questions of life;
- To enable pupils to develop an understanding of religious traditions and to appreciate the cultural differences in Britain today;
- To enable pupils to develop a positive attitude, respecting the views of others who hold different beliefs from their own
- Religious education should not just convey information about religions or try to convert pupils to a particular religious viewpoint or tradition. It should not convey any other religion as superior to others.
Please see below the links to our Religious Education and Collective Worship Policies:
Religious Education Policy Collective Worship Policy
Please see below the links to our Religious Education Curriculum Plans:
Year R_F1_GodCreation_Unit_WEB T1 Year 1_KS1_1.3_-Incarnation_unit_WEB Core learning T2 Year 2_KS1_1.4_-Gospel_unit_WEB Digging deeper T3 Year 3, 4, 5_KS2a5_Salvation_WEB Core learning T4 Year 3, 4, 5_L2_8_What_does_it_mean_to_be_a_Hindu_in_Britain_today T5 Year 3, 4, 5_U2_6_What_does_it_mean_to_be_a_Muslim_in_Britain_today Year 6_KS2b2_Creation_Unit_WEB T1